a
t
i
r
r
Anonymous Anonymous
wrote...
10 years ago
So for years I have had frequently occurring "head rushes." Occasionally when I am even just standing. I get dizzy (rarely so much that I fall down, though it has happened), and sense is euphoric, and usually it last for less than 5 seconds. I sometimes get up to four a day.

A few months ago, I got off my bed while on my laptop and had a head rush. Seemed normal, except a lot more intense and hazy. I remember trying to call for help bit couldn't. I blacked out, fell into a corner of a wall, and regained consciousness within probably less than 5 seconds. There was no pain even though I fell into a corner and hit my head. No one in my family had any guesses as to what happened and I didn't really ask a doctor about it. I just read today about what is called a vasovagal syncope that occurs rarely after a head rush, and it is definitely what happened to me that one time.

What I can't find out though is if any of this should be of concern? I lead a semi active lifestyle, doing cardio for at least 40 min 2 days a week, 2 hours twice a week, sometimes more, and then lift on average three days a week for 40 min. Other than that, most of my time is spent on studying and occasionally relaxing. I don't eat per say healthy, but am not obese. History of diabetes in the family, nothing else. I thinks that's all the info that I have that might help...

So am I just being crazy or is this of any real concern?

On a side note, a few months ago as well, though a while after the vasovagal episode, I at least thought I had a seizure like event while sleeping. I can't say whether it was just a weird dream or if it actually happened, though from what I think I remember, I couldn't call for help like I wanted to, and I know there is the possibility of a seizure occurring after a vasovagal episode.

So please, tell me if I'm going crazy or not Slight Smile
Read 655 times
1 Reply