t
S
m
s
DARE DARE
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse is caring for a client whose wife died in a recent mass casualty accident. The client says, I can't believe that my wife is gone and I am left to raise my children all by myself. How should the nurse respond?

a. Please accept my sympathies for your loss.
  b. I can call the hospital chaplain if you wish.
  c. You sound anxious about being a single parent.
  d. At least your children still have you in their lives.

Question 2

The hospital administration arranges for critical incident stress debriefing for the staff after a mass casualty incident. Which statement by the debriefing team leader is most appropriate for this situation?

a. You are free to express your feelings; whatever is said here stays here.
  b. Let's evaluate what went wrong and develop policies for future incidents.
  c. This session is only for nursing and medical staff, not for ancillary personnel.
  d. Let's pass around the written policy compliance form for everyone.

Question 3

An emergency department (ED) charge nurse prepares to receive clients from a mass casualty within the community. What is the role of this nurse during the event?

a. Ask ED staff to discharge clients from the medical-surgical units in order to make room for critically injured victims.
  b. Call additional medical-surgical and critical care nursing staff to come to the hospital to assist when victims are brought in.
  c. Inform the incident commander at the mass casualty scene about how many victims may be handled by the ED.
  d. Direct medical-surgical and critical care nurses to assist with clients currently in the ED while emergency staff prepare to receive the mass casualty victims.

Question 4

A nurse is field-triaging clients after an industrial accident. Which client condition should the nurse triage with a red tag?

a. Dislocated right hip and an open fracture of the right lower leg
  b. Large contusion to the forehead and a bloody nose
  c. Closed fracture of the right clavicle and arm numbness
  d. Multiple fractured ribs and shortness of breath
Read 242 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
xx
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 400 words.