a
t
i
r
Orlando0 Orlando0
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
3 years ago
the answers to these questions had shown that I was wrong can someone explain please, thank you.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 309 times
10 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
Hi Orlando0

I couldn't understand #1 from the way its written Sad Dummy

But I attempted #2. I believe these examples are an exercise of the exponent laws.

This video displays the technique I used to help me simplify. Please give it a watch:

Orlando0 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
these are the answers
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
OK, so my answer for #2 is correct, I just took it a step further and wrote it without negative exponents. Mine is the preferred way to represent an algebraic expression, as they should never be written with negative exponents. The answer you provided has the factor x3a-1: notice the -1 part (technically no good but your teacher seems to be fine with it).

For #1.

You don't have a variable x, which means 5c is a constant, and the derivative of any constant is 0.

Orlando0 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
my answer is wrong? I don't really understand the question. It didnt even begin with negative exponents so why would it have to be in fraction form, the question is no different than one that is like for ex 12x^3 + 8x^2 - 5 and for the first question or other questions like that when its not x it will always be 0??
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
Both your answers are correct, but I was just pointing out that my answer #2 is technically more simplified because the negative exponent isn't present. I suggest you watch the video above, because it specifically looks at cases with exponents like these. Just watch the first example, it'll help, trust me
Orlando0 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
oh ok thanks, so since you said both of my answers were correct to start with, that means for 2) the answer is wrong for 0 its meant to be 5 because it has a variable, its not a constant.
also bio_man could you please check if my answer is right for product rule, I dont want to be wrong. thanks
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
oh ok thanks, so since you said both of my answers were correct to start with, that means for 2) the answer is wrong for 0 its meant to be 5 because it has a variable, its not a constant. also bio_man could you please check if my answer is right for product rule, I dont want to be wrong. thanks

I already answered both questions, so I'm not sure what you mean. I also verified that what you provided earlier in this post is also correct. #1 = 0 and #2 equals what you wrote OR my version, both are OK.

Orlando0 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
hi thank u so much and sorry I dont think u answered the product rule question
https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=1974525.msg5169340#msg5169340 I asked if my final answer for the number 2. was in the right form.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I just replied to that one now, didn't know a reply had been made
Orlando0 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
thats ok thanks
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1203 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79