Top Posters
Since Sunday
13jenny13 13jenny13
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Im 14 and have had Hyperhidrosis for about 5 years and it has ruined my life. Now im about to start my freshman year of high school and am afraid im going to go through high school sweating all the time. My mother cant afford sugery or botox so i could really use some tips.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Read 550 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Have you tried that clinical strength Secret? Other than Botox shots this is all I can think of.
wrote...
11 years ago
I had it pretty bad too in high school. It was terrible, so I went to a dermatologist, and they said there is an over the counter rub on, and you put it on at night, and wash it off in the morning. You don't sweat for a few days, and you use it as needed. You can get it at any local pharmacy and it's not that expensive. I think it was 24 dollars for a bottle, and I've had it for a couple years. It's pretty effective.
wrote...
11 years ago
Although It needs confirmation the condition is medically called hyperhidrosis.

Here is the treatments step by step approach:
-first try substances containing aluminium chloride (over the counter). It is not permanent, but blocks the pores and blocks sweating for a few hours to days.
-if ineffective ionophoresis (in doctors office)
-if ineffective anticholinergic medication (prescribed by doctor)
-Botulinum toxin and surgery are second line treatments if the above is not effective.

To read more about sweating: http://www.globale-dermatologie.com/en/la-transpiration.html
Answer accepted by topic starter
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 240 words.