× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
smooth229 smooth229
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I know what it is, but can anybody give me specific examples of particles that might be consumed during pinocytosis?
I realize that it is any particle, but can anybody give SPECIFIC names of particles that could be consumed during pinocytosis?
Read 4781 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I think it is water or any other liquid substances that a cell can absorb. Phagocytosis is for masses and pinocytosis is for liquids.
ASJ
wrote...
11 years ago
it occurs with most eukaryotic cells when the cell has to transfer a large protein or other soluble molecules across the membrane. pinocytosis is the invagination of the cell membrane taking in extracellular fluid and molecules required for homeostasis.
white blood cells that ingest foreign particles to rid the body of the infectious agents and/or to make antibodies against them. sometimes, pinocytosis is just the invagination of the membrane as a reservoir of the membrane.
bacteria use it to take in the extracellular fluid for the ions and other paticulate material
ameoba use it to transport sugars across the membrane
cells that line the kidney tubules use this to take in fluids and molecules from the fluid instead of letting them go out in the urine
the unfertilized egg uses it to take in nutrients prior to fertilization
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  861 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?