a
t
i
r
r
tryingtogetby tryingtogetby
wrote...
11 years ago
3.When preparing a woman who is 2 days postpartum for discharge, recommendations for which of the following contraceptive methods would be avoided?
 a.Diaphragm
 b.Female condom
 c.Oral contraceptives
 d.Rhythm method
Read 239 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
11 years ago
I will have to say oral contraceptives. Although I do not see a female that soon after delivery engaging in coitus.
Volunteers are seldom paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
A.

The diaphragm must be fitted individually to ensure effectiveness. Because of the changes to the reproductive structures during pregnancy and following delivery, the diaphragm must be refitted, usually at the 6 weeks’ examination following childbirth or after a weight loss of 15 lbs or more. In addition, for maximum effectiveness, spermicidal jelly should be placed in the dome and around the rim. However, spermicidal jelly should not be inserted into the vagina until involution is completed at approximately 6 weeks. Use of a female condom protects thereproductive system from the introduction of semen or spermicides into the vagina and may be used after childbirth. Oral contraceptives may be started within the first postpartum week to ensure suppression of ovulation . For the couple who has determined the female’s fertile period, using the rhythm method, avoidance of intercourse during this period, is safe and effective.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1384 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?