t
S
m
s
jujubee jujubee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I know that it has most of the organelles that a normal cell has. But which of these organelles does it NOT have? Also, does it have any special organelles?
Read 662 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Melanocytes have special organelles called melanosomes that are only found in melanocytes. Melanocytes are similar to lysosomes (they have a similar protein composition) but don't serve the same function.

Melanocytes are pigment cells found in skin and eyes and basically anywhere where there is pigment. The melonsomes store this protein called melanin (the primary protein pigment is made of).

The melanosomes are very dark organelles and people use mainly electron microscopy to visualize them. They come in four types 1-4 (I think the darker the melanosome the higher the number but I"m not positive).
wrote...
11 years ago
Well they contain most of the same organelles that regular cells do (mitochondria, golgi, ER , ETC). but they do have specific organelles called "melanosomes". They're similar to lysosomes (similar size and protein content) but they are pigmented (with this protein called melanin). There are 4 types of melansomes each defined by how much pigment they contain.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1161 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370