r
diamond3094 diamond3094
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
I need help with this question.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 1597 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, Neji513
it can't be anything with two R's or G's either since not all the offsprings are not all round or all green/ not all wrinkled or all yellow (at this point, we don't know which allele is recessive and which is dominant).

so you're left with RrGg, Rrgg, rrGg, rrgg.

now the parent's phenotype is round yellow and wrinkled yellow. automatically, you should be able to tell the green allele is recessive since it randomly appears in the progeny when none of the parents display green phenotype... since none of the parents are green, that means none of the parents are "gg" since that would give a green phenotype. Ultimately, you're down to two choices: RrGg and rrGg.... since the parents have two different phenotypes, RrGg and rrGg should be your answer if I'm not mistaken.....

although this question is retarded because there's no way, based on the information provided, to know if round is dominant or recessive without the ratios of round in the progenies. hopefully you have at least 2 attempts on this problem and just guess and check lol...I would slap my professor if they gave me this dumb question
diamond3094 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Unfortunately I only have one try for this question, but thanks for the help!
wrote...
10 years ago

i bet round is the dominant allele though if i had to guess...it would help if you uploaded part A of this problem.. maybe there's some extra information there.. i really don't think mastering biology is random enough to give us this little information.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for asking this question!
wrote...
8 years ago
This question is interesting
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1174 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293