t
i
r
r
needanswersnowp needanswersnowp
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
3) Sky High Seats manufactures seats for airplanes. The company has the capacity to produce 100,000 seats per year, but is currently produces and sells 75,000 seats per year. The following information relates to current production of seats:

Sale price per unit   $430

Variable costs per unit:   
 Manufacturing   $250
 Marketing and administrative   $50

Total fixed costs:   
 Manufacturing   $770,000
 Marketing and administrative   $240,000

If a special sales order is accepted for 3000  seats at a price of $330 per unit, and fixed costs increase by $13,000, how would operating income be affected? (NOTE: Assume regular sales are not affected by the special order.)
Read 101 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Quantity of special sales order = 3,100 seats

Price Per Seat of Special Sales Order = $330

In making of special order, the company will incur only variable cost per unit because variable cost varies with the production. Fixed Cost associated with the special order is only considered since the fixed cost increase by $15,000 due to special order.

[SEE ATTACHMENT]

Hence, Option (A) is correct i.e. Operating income would be increased by $109,000

Hope the above calculations, working and explanations are clear to you and help you in understanding the concept of question.... please rate my answer...in case any doubt, post a comment and I will try to resolve the doubt ASAP…thank you
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1139 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?