a
t
i
r
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
3 years ago
Are there any ichthyologists that know the anatomy of zebrafish eyes? I would like to know how well they see.
Read 98 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
3 years ago
Perhaps the most comprehensive document I found on the topic is found in attachment 1.

Look @ the section entitled "Eye anatomy" in the second document, it's great!

The anatomy, histology, circuitry and biochemistry of the eye are strikingly conserved among most classes of vertebrate. Not surprising, therefore, were the observations that development of the eye also proceeds in very similar manners. The eye develops from no less than three distinct embryological tissues, neuroectoderm which gives rise to the neural retina, pigmented epithelium, optic stalk and ciliary margin; skin ectoderm, which is induced to form the lens and subsequently the cornea; and head mesenchyme of neural crest cell origin that minimally forms connective tissue of the cornea and sclera. The highly conserved mechanisms of development and function have contributed significantly to our overall understanding of visual processes and led to rapid advances in understanding the basic mechanisms of diseases.

Attached file(s) 
(1723.88 KB)
(1558.66 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, CarbonRobot
Thank you.
Post Merge: 3 years ago

Anything that covers zebrafish cone density and number?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1399 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion